Do you ever get into a situation where it seems nothing is going right and your attitude begins to take a toll on you? Where it seems like you are depressed?
It happens to each of us throughout our lives. There are certain points where it is more pronounced such as kids leaving the nest, retirement, loss of a family member or friend, or just what is happening around you. During those times, there are a number of things you can do to pull yourself out of the situation. Below is a starter list to help you get a new direction. Have fun.
- Make a list of your positive attributes. It would relate to what strengths you have.
- Make a list of friends. Do you have a good buddy(s)?
- Read affirmations daily.
- Make a list of what you are passionate about.
- Have a daily Bible study or reading time.
- Have an exercise plan and accountability so it will get done. Maybe join a gym.
- Set goals and write them down.
- Have a nutrition plan and eat properly.
- Make a To-Do List and keep it current every day.
- Stay busy. Read. Write notes to friends encouraging them. Drop by to see someone spontaneously. Visit someone in the hospital. Clean out a closet. Work outside. Grow a garden in big pots. Take someone out to eat. Learn something new. Take a weekend trip. Volunteer. Wash your car.
Comment below and tell us what helps you get out of your funk?